TENI seeks a Community Engagement Officer to join our team. TENI works to advance the rights and equality of trans people in Ireland. The Community Engagement Officer will support the trans community nationally. They will work with the community to identify and develop a range of support programmes for trans people in Ireland. They will also maintain and train facilitators for Trans Peer Support Groups nationally.
We are looking for a self motivated, energetic person who will meet with the trans community directly, as well as digitally. The ideal candidate will be familiar with project management methodologies and will have experience of working to strategy. Travel is an essential element of this role.
- Training facilitators for Trans Peer Support Groups nationally.
- Liaising with the trans community.
- Creating and developing programmes to improve the mental health of the trans community.
- Create resources to support the community.
- Target and work with regional services to improve trans inclusion.
- Develop a network of Peer Advocates to improve communications between TENI and the wider community.
- Travel nationwide to speak directly with the trans community and service providers to improve inclusion in rural areas.
- Presenting on various topics to TENI staff and stakeholders as required.
- Must have experience, including lived experience, working with the trans community.
- Qualification in Community Work, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Terms and conditions
This position will be full-time (37.5 hours) and can be based anywhere in Ireland. From time to time the successful candidate may be asked to work from the Dublin office. The position is permanent (subject to funding) following the passing of a 6-month probation period.
TENI will process any personal data provided by you in connection with an application for this role in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 2018.
€37,080 per annum.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 4th August, 2023
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified above.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Transgender Equality Network Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications are particularly welcomed from marginalised groups such as trans people, Travellers, Black and ethnic minority communities, disabled people and those with multiply marginalised experiences.