News & Events
You are here: Home » News & Events
14 APR 2017
*EXTENDED DEADLINE* JOB ADVERTISEMENT: TENI Chief Executive
Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI) is seeking a Chief Executive to advance the rights and equality of transgender people in Ireland. TENI seeks a skilled, motivated and committed individual with an outstanding track record in leadership, advocacy, management and fundraising. The applicant will possess in-depth knowledge of trans issues and a proven track record in achieving social change.
Transgender Equality Network Ireland Ltd. (TENI) is a non-profit organisation supporting the trans community in Ireland. TENI seeks to improve the situation and advance the rights and equality of trans people and their families. Our vision is an Ireland where trans people are understood, accepted and respected, and can participate fully in all aspects of Irish society. Ireland remains a place where it can be difficult for trans people to lead safe, healthy and full lives. TENI is dedicated to ending transphobia, including stigma, discrimination and inequality and continues in the struggle for social, political and legal recognition of trans people in Ireland
We seek to appoint a CEO who, together with the board, will be responsible for implementing Vision 22, the organisations' 5 year strategy plan, manage its delivery in line with its philosophy and vision and provide direction and leadership to the organisation. This position reports to the TENI Board of Directors.
- Lead and manage TENI in line with the organisation’s ethos, values and culture and work to advance TENI’s mission, goals and strategic priorities.
- Design, oversee the development and execution of TENI’s work plan.
- Lead and develop TENI’s advocacy strategy to advance trans rights in the areas of legal recognition, healthcare, education and employment.
- Develop high level policy positions, materials and resources for TENI’s advocacy work.
- Inspire, motivate and manage the TENI team and support staff in their work.
- Prepare annual budgets and regular financial reports for the Board and oversee the management of those budgets, expenditure and cashflow.
- Manage relationships with existing donors/grantors and develop new avenues of funding.
- Act as TENI’s primary contact for the media and represent TENI at national and international level.
- Other duties and responsibilities as negotiated.
Experience and Competencies
- At least 5 years of direct involvement with the trans community or movement would be a distinct advantage.
- Significant professional experience co-ordinating or managing non-profit organisations, projects, staff and volunteers.
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- An ability to work with senior decision makers, policy makers, professional bodies, key civil society organisations and the trans community at the national level.
- Proven experience in working successfully with a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- Prior fundraising experience, including the ability to build relationships with donors, develop proposals and manage grants.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of inspiring, managing and developing a team, particularly working in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Excellent strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and experience in dealing with the media.
Terms and Conditions
The salary and conditions on offer will be commensurate with experience.
TENI is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. Trans people and people with diverse gender identities and expressions are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information visit www.teni.ie
Applications consisting of a cover letter, resume/CV, clearly outlining relevant experience, motivation and salary expectations sent to the Chair of the Board, Sara R Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5pm on Sunday 30th April 2017.
More information on this position can be obtained in writing to the Chair of the Board, Sara R Phillips at email@example.com.
For more information about TENI, please see www.teni.ie.