News & Events
You are here: Home » News & Events
07 NOV 2016
Join Team TENI
It's that time of year again when we ask you to join Team TENI. As a community-driven organisation we rely on our members. We need you.
Becoming a member is easy and we welcome everyone who supports trans rights and equality. TENI is driven not only by trans people but also by our families, friends and allies.
Won't you join us? Be Team TENI.
What does it mean to be Team TENI? It means you get a TENI membership card (and some pretty awesome perks with our membership packages). You get a voice at our General Assembly and can vote or run for our Board of Directors. You will also get regular updates on events or volunteer opportunities.
If you're still not convinced, here are just some of the things we've done this past year:
- People often come to TENI looking for someone to listen without judgement. This year we've been contacted 1,972 times by people looking for general support and information.
- Young people are coming out or expressing their gender at younger and younger ages. This year we've been contacted 400 times by families who are looking for support for their child and we've been here to offer it.
- Young trans people need support in schools. This year we have delivered 64 trainings to 3,405 students, staff and administration in educational settings. This includes 38 trainings in first and second-level schools.
- Accessible and trans friendly healthcare is one of our biggest priorities. Since 2013, TENI has delivered 121 trainings to 5,207 health professionals, including psychological/psychiatric services, general practitioners, frontline hospital staff and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
- We're great at events! This year we hosted TRANSforming Lives, the first trans mental heatlh awareness week. We also co-hosted the third family residential weekend which brought together 120 people from across Ireland.
You can learn more about our work here.
But what being a member is really about is being part of the growing trans rights movement in Ireland. Sounds good, right? Be Team TENI.
Here is everything you need to know.
We hope you will join us.
TENI Chief Executive